Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Friday, August 14, 2009

August birthday baby!


So this is my last baby! Number 7 - Dallon, just about 1 hour after he was born. He's the only baby I had who's water broke before the doctor did it! And Stanley missed the birth by 5 minutes! My last four babies were born a Phoenix Memorial with the midwives. I went into labor after Stanley went to work way over on Bell Rd. So our neighbor - Eric Solheim - drove me all the way over to the hospital and Stanley met us there! Well, he had his work truck with all his tools and material on it and things looked like they were going to take a while, so he took the truck home so he wouldn't get robbed! He stopped to answer the phone when he was home and missed the birth by that [] much! Makes a great story! Dallon was over 9 lbs and so cute!

This is a funny story! We were on our way to Canada for a family reunion. This is on the section of road by Saguaro Lake - you know the one with those little hills and valleys in the road that make your stomach jump? Well, Dallon didn't like them! Everytime we went over one, he'd scream! They terrified him! I know I shouldn't be laughing in this picture - but it was funny! Poor kid!

This is at one of our neighborhood Halloween parties - that's the spider pinata I made and Dallon's trying to demolish it with a bat! But I guess that's what you're suppose to do to get at the candy! He's a dragon! Maybe that's why he still loves dragon's!?!?

Not a very good picture, but can you tell this is the happiest day of his life!?!? It was mine too! He made it! He graduated from High School! On time! What a graduation too! It was raining and storming and they moved everyone inside and divided them up! He got to be on the front row in the auditorium! Wish the ceremony was half as long too! But it was a good night! A very good night!

This is really his birthday day! Only ones who weren't there were Kadee and family (in Idaho) and Ellee and family (in Louisiana). Dallon is a unique gift in our family. He's got lots of talents - plays piano (and several instruments), can compose music, can remember stuff, would make a great lawyer (can argue his case very well!) obedient (only after said argument!) has amazing ideas (I hope someday some of them work!), has an amazing imagination, and has been a roller-coaster ride to raise! We hope someday he'll serve a mission, but for now he's off to college - away from home! That's even harder than sending them on a mission! He's turned out to be a pretty amazing guy and he's promised to take care of me in my old age! I'm holding him to it! He's sure made life interesting! Thanks for coming to our home Dallon! We love you!

No comments: