Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Friday, November 7, 2008

Old Family Pictures

These are called "Memory Puzzle Blocks"

(Dwain and Grandpa Porter)
When we went to Utah for Gen. Conf. I ran into the woman who came up with this idea, showing it at a table in front of the Church History Museum gift shop. It's so cool! I bought one of her kits and came home and did it. I scanned some old pictures from my Grandma Porters books, went to the web page (http://www.storiesbyme.com/) where they have the template to load your 6 pictures and adjust them to fit the way you want, add words and then print. It's really easy and fun to do! The kits are $20 and include everything you need. (Once you've done one, you could buy the blocks somewhere cheaper and do it yourself) If you've ever done anything with ModPodge this is another exciting idea! You can also do other things with old pictures, like the wood picture frames, or whatever. It's just a neat idea to get you and your kids interested in family history! You don't have to use old pictures either, you could do one with pictures of your babies, or family, etc. Check out her web site for other neat ideas. She also has updates on how to make it better. I'm making something for Christmas using this idea of old pictures. I'll post it later when it's finished! Hope it turns out good!
(This is only four of the 6 different sides)
Grandpa Porter and Verdaun
Grandma and Grandpa's Wedding Day
Sharon, Grandpa, Grandma, Verdaun, Doran and Dwain

2 comments:

Swasey family said...

That is so stinking cute what a neat idea and good Christmas gift idea too!!Thanks for sharing

elizabeth lawlor said...

that is such a good idea!! :)