
I did it! I canned butter! This is some of it. Isn't it pretty! ?! These are pint jars, they hold one pound of butter each. I plan on doing smaller jars that will hold half a pound. Some things I learned from this process. It is very easy. The butter stays in a liquid form. The butter will also seperate, but all you have to do is gently shake it. I put it in the fridge and it became solid, but when I took it out, it returned to it's liquid form. So, if I were to open a jar, I would put it in the fridge. I'm not sure what would happen if I used it in its liquid form to bake something like cookies. I'll have to try it - I'd probably put it in the fridge for just a little while to harden it just a bit before using it in baking. I'll let you know later how that works out when I try it. I love cooking with butter, it's all our family uses, so I'm excited to have some for emergencies!
2 comments:
Got a question we keep all of our year supply stuff in our garage, can I sit the butter jars out there too?I wanna try this idea after Thanksgiving, such a good idea!
Hi - I have a few questions too. Do you just put these in a water bath and seal them? How long does it stay good? I just bought a bunch of butter on sale too and put it in my freezer. Does it last longer canned or frozen? Maybe you should start a blog with all your great canning info. :o)
Post a Comment