Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Friday, September 14, 2007

new trencher





So dad and I went to the San Diego area Thursday to look at a trencher and buy it. We're driving up to this guys house on little, skinny streets! I mean they are only big enough for ONE car! I don't know what they do if someone is trying to go the opposite way! And we're in the Ford with a trailer! Even his driveway is one car wide. We had to back in so we could get out! It's a pretty nice trencher and dad is VERY happy! So on the way home, we're between Casa Grande and the 202 interchange and a car in the left lane blows a tire! They slam on the brakes - a big NO NO! and they swerve and almost hit the car in front of us, who swerves and we're just looking at this going on in front of us, praying that we don't hit anyone! The blow-out car finally corrects itself and gets over on the side of the road and I'm watching to make sure they don't flip, cuz they're still going kind of fast and the car in front of us pulls over to the shoulder and stops. It was crazy! No one hit anyone else! And we're all doing 70-75! We pull into the Loves just before the 202 to get some gas, only to discover that the right (passenger side) rear trailer tire is totally shredded - gone - only a rim left! We have no idea when it happened! So we had to change a tire after getting our gas! You can see what's left of the tire after dad put it back on the trailer where the spare was! Then you can see it better in the light of day! It was a blessed day!

1 comment:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

So I'm crying sitting here missing you guys. I just want to see you and touch you and give you all a big hug. I miss dad a lot. He looks tired and worn out. Love ya. happy you're safe.