Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Saturday, May 26, 2007

pioneer trek cont.




Here are a few more pictures of the trek. It's so hard to decide which ones to put up. The first one if still from the second day. After traveling through "Indian Territory" and being put in the battalion and doing the women's pull, they had fun and games. This is one of the stations they rotated too! They gave back, hand and foot rubs to who ever wanted one. AS you can see, Dallon wanted one! It felt good too! On the third day they had the children from the families who had "died" the day before, stand in the trees, dressed like angels, waving white hankerchiefs as the "pioneers" passed by. It was pretty cool and some of the "pioneers" understood what it meant. The last picture is of me and Dallon, taking his stuff to the trailer to go home. Everyone had a good time - they know now that "I can do hard things". There were a lot of people doing lots of stuff to make things happen. It was wonderful! The only tragedy was me loosing the diamond in my wedding ring! But that's small in comparison to what happened to people as they crossed the plains in handcarts. I forgot to put in the picture of the memorial garden. Each family was given the name of one of the families that crossed in the Willie/Martin company. They put the names of maybe half of those who died on 2x1 pieces of wood and drove them into the ground. The kids walked around, looking at the names, trying to find the names of the people they were representing. It was sad to see so many stakes in the ground! It was very emotional. The missionary couple assigned to our stake was able to come and participate and she found the name of her ancestor on one of the stakes! It's a small world.

2 comments:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

Mom these are wonderful pictures. I cant stop crying. sometimes I forget what our ancetors went through. I really wish I could have done some thing like this when I was younger. Maybe when I become a leader I can get to do something like this. thank you and I cant wait for the vidoe

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

typo sorry.VIDEO