Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Wall for Mother's Day!

This is what my wall use to look like. I've wanted to do something different for a couple of years but didn't know what. Then Elizabeth approached me and said she had an idea for changing it up for Mother's Day - so I went for it!

So we decided on a color of paint - a light parchment color - I started taping the wall off and here's Stanley finishing it and getting it ready to paint. We got the paint on later that day. You can't really tell a difference in the picture below unless you see the white door casings! But we love it!

And here's the finished wall! Three and a half weeks later! The pictures are hanging from old fashioned doorknobs Elizabeth found at Hobby Lobby - We found some ribbon at Ribbon's and Lace and I love it! A whole new fresh look! What do you think? The first picture I took I caught myself in the mirror - not a pretty picture, so I had to change the angle! Now you can see the back door!!

Now I look at it everytime I pass - it's so pretty! I love it when I can change something that's been the same way for over 10 years!!!! Now I'm in the mood to purge my mess! We'll see if I do anything about it or let it pass!!!!

3 comments:

birdfam said...

I love it!!! Elizabeth did a great job!!!

Ronda Batchelor said...

It looks awesome! Don't ya just love to look at it. Especially when it's your kids. Great job.

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

What a cute idea! I love it and the lettering. Isn't it fun to have people around you with ideas? My girls have ideas but I don't have the time right now. Love you - Lona