Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Lawlor Family Est. 1978

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Desert Microburst!


Tree in front yard blown over

Almost landed on truck next door

Being pulled over by truck.

Last night we had another quick storm move in. It only
hit East Mesa! It snapped power lines on Southern,
between Power and Recker, one pole even landed on
someone's red SUV. It was on the news last night.
We were on the outskirts of the storm and this is what
it did. It was really weird. There was constant rumbling
of thunder in the sky from cloud to cloud lightening. I got
some great video on my camera, but it didn't download
very good on the computer. I need to find some new
software! It was amazing. It dumped about an inch of
rain in less than 1/2 hour! That's how quick the storm was.
It came and went and dissappeared off the radar!

1 comment:

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

Oh man, I only hope that we can have a storm like that while we're there. I can just cry at how much I miss the arizona rain. I've been praying that it will rain while we're there. is that tree going to be okay? like live or now is it going to die?